What’s up friends?!?
It has been a while since I have been able to hop on here and write anything. School was a lot to undertake the first semester. I learned a lot about myself and rediscovered some things too! Here’s a rundown of what I’ve been up to…
- I resigned from my Office Manager’s position at the Church…shocked me too lol. I decided I needed to have more focus on school because it’s a time to develop myself and I need to take it seriously.
- I moved out of my place. Listen I loved that townhouse just as much as you did (if you’ve ever visited me there).
- I sang at Chapel.
- I attended the Forum for Theological Exploration’s Regional Discernment Retreat for Young Adults in Georgia thanks to the nomination of Rev. Eustacia Moffett Marshall.
- My retreat group’s idea (me and 2 other young women) was selected and awarded a Mentoring and Ministry Grant of $1,300.00 each to complete our next steps in discernment and to do something a little crazy… I’ll tell you more about that later.
- I made the Worship Team at school and get to use my time there as Work Study.
- I ended the first semester of Grad School with a 3.113. It’s not what I wanted but considering my workload (1 full time, 1 part time and 1 once-a-month gig), school-load (4 classes and a small group) and parenthood responsibilities (raising a 10 year old is no joke), I think I did alright.
- Me and Haley had milestone Birthdays! Haley turned 10, I turned 30!
- I got the flu on my birthday and had to disinvite some of my faves because I didn’t want them to get sick…ugh
- We finally got our passports! Thank You auntie LoLo for the 2017 Christmas gifts of Passport folios and luggage tags. It really motivated me to try and see the world.
- Haley made straight A’s both quarters!
- We traveled! We went to Miami, the DR and Grand Turk! You know I got that passport stamped. It was our first time out of the country. It was our first time on a cruise ship and it was Haley’s first time flying! We had a blast to say the least.
Almost everything I have shared so far has been positive. However, these weren’t easy fetes. I have cried, been afraid and scared during this process, but God has been with us every step of the way. My family has been supportive and my friends (and their children) have hugged me when I needed it most. Shoutout to Emiliano! Almost everything I own is in storage and me and Haley are sharing a room at my grandparents house – not because there is a lack of space though…the big house creeps Haley out and I’m enjoying our closeness for now because one day she will be a teenager and these moments will be long gone…
There is so much to be grateful for and to say, but I will end with this… If you feel like something – a dream, goal or idea is to hard, or if you think it sounds absurd, it probably is, but you should go after it anyway. Pray about it, listen for God’s instruction and then be obedient!
Much love to you all!